Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:10:40 -0700
From:         Mark & Kate Sheflo <skjeflo@TELEBYTE.NET>
Subject:      Gas and Deisle Heaters....

Everyone looking for info on these would do well to look up a post in the archives by Jack Reed on July 27th, 1995. In it Jack details much about the workings of the BA6 heater from his experience of installing one in his Van. Between his post and various e-mails with him and contact with Robert Keezer locally, Our BA6 got up and running last winter....just in time for spring of course. :-P No fault of Jack's or Robert's. Both of these gentlemen know their stuff about these heaters! I also have to agree with Bulley about Ark M. He got booted from the list for a post including some extreme views as outlined in Bulley's post. Also, from personal experience, he was of NO help to me while trying to work on my own heater, but offered only his expensive products and dire warnings against a normal person working on the heaters. Robert Keezer (BRY4PRTZ@AOL.COM) refurbishes and installs these heaters along with several other models. He's a good guy who found the problem with my system in about ten minutes after I got to his place. Loaned a part to me in case it was another problem with no questions asked nor $ asked. I know from talking with him that he has traveled as far was Colorado to help with an install. If your in the greater Seattle area e-mail him and I'm sure he'll get you set up. If outside that area, he shares his knowledge as via email and phone. Yes, the heater can be a bomb in the making, but with careful trial and error, a little common sense, a good manual, and a knowledgeable person (or two) to guide (and or help you) you can be warm this winter.

Hope this helps someone keep warm this winter, Mark 82 Westy