Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Oct 1999 00:05:32 -0400
From:         Charles Lees <cklees@ATLANTIC.NET>
Subject:      radio problem

I have a 1985 Vanagon camper that lives in Florida since new but it has been to the coast, Alaska, Nova Scotia, and throughout the east and I love it! It Has everything on it including a VW DESIGN brand radio which is a (Heidelberg 5 US Stero CR) It's always played great but has a weak spot it seems. It has a theft prevention system that doesn't prevent anyone from stealing it but rather making the radio useless to anyone else who has it.

Whenever there is a break in the current to the radio it has to be reset with a code that has to be punched in. To make an already long story longer, if one makes a mistake in keying in their correct code (or what they thought it was) which I guess I did, The manual for the radio says " after the third attempt with the wrong code number the radio can no longer be operated and you will need to go to a VW dealer for help". I didn't use it for a long time and the battery died and was taken out a few times to be charged thus the breaks.

Well I'm a long way from any VW dealer, don't want to go to one, have been battling lung cancer for most of this year, and hope some out there knows the trick of how to "fix" the radio without visiting a dealer which is two hours at the closest. ANY HELP WILL BE MOST APPRECIATED

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This mail sent through Atlantic.Net Webmail: http://webmail.atlantic.net/