Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Oct 1999 10:23:02 -0600
From:         "Groff, Montgomery" <Montgomery.Groff@ECHOSTAR.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tradgedy again (I thought)

Hey Lee,

<my wife does not understand my affinity for these > vehicles. > > Lee Brewer> > > My wife didn't understand till we took a 3 week trip to the Canadian Rockies in our '74 Westy. Actually, I proposed on the trip and we got married in Jasper Alberta. The JOP said "you need 2 witnesses for the ceremony." We had seen another mid-seventies Westy (same color as ours) on the road a few times earlier in trip. So, while we were in town (at the laundry) guess what pulled up... the other Westy. We spoke to the couple (Lionel and Jackie Ashcroft) and they said they would be "delighted" to witness the event. After the ceremony we pulled the Westy's up side by side and had a small reception. Then, they headed East and we went West. That was almost 4 years ago.

We now drive an '89 Westy and she waves along with me whenever we pass a fellow Vanagon-head on the road.

Check out the last photo on this page http:\\home.rmi.net\~grofmon\vw.html

Monty '89 Westy '62 Sunroof Bug Denver, CO