Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:53:14 -0500
From:         Jay & Kim Schmidt <schmidt5@HSONLINE.NET>
Subject:      heaters
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

All this talk about heaters. Here's a twist. Go and get yourself a heater only if you drive a real beater or long to. If you fancy them and would like one, consider this. A guy with a nice bus gets a swell gas heater. Now he can drive on even the coldest days and stay warm. Cold days, snowy days, salty days, rusty bus...Soon enough the nice bus has extra ventilation in the rockers, wheel wells, floors, etc and now you really need that expensive gas heater with the cold blowing in. I am assuming of course that your bus has lasted long enough to rust from being winter driven and has not already gone up in flames! Those burning busses really drive you out with all that heat. This is all tongue-in-cheek of course and I'm probably just jealous I don't have the heater, but my suggestion is to save the money and go to the army surplus and get some REALLY warm gloves, etc. Better yet, I garage the bus in winter and use that saved insurance $$ to fix it up some more. There are plenty of $500 Ford-n-such winter beaters out there ready for 3-4 months of abuse. Have fun all! Jay