Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:24:50 -0500
From:         Darrell Boehler <midwesty@MIDWEST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Bosch ECU connectors
Comments: To: Roger Bowman <bowmanrp@EARTHLINK.NET>

Hi Roger, One way to get around your problem is to use a shielded round serial cable. Put the female end under the rear seat and chop off the male connector then attach the male end wires to the various sensors and controls of the fi (fuel injection) system. I have done this on an 81 california L-Jetronic system and another listee has done it this way on a digifant 2 system, hi Frank. This method requires soldering about 12 wires to gain access to the relevant signals. I can get fix you up with a cable for about $20 includes labeling the wires to be digitool compatible. Or you can use a lcd meter at the female serial cable connector and get the same information just not as fast and easy as a digitool. Darrell Boehler Makanda Illinois

Ps. If you do find a source for cheap breakout connectors please let me know.

----- Original Message ----- From: Roger Bowman <bowmanrp@EARTHLINK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, October 07, 1999 9:39 AM Subject: Bosch ECU connectors