Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:43:29 EDT
From:         KENWILFY@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: vanagons and westys
Comments: To: lw04@iafrica.com

John, I researched this because we are selling 5-cylinder conversion kits for Caravelles here in the US (they call them Vanagons here). I found that there were no manuals available to the average man over in SA and that the dealer shop manuals were super pricey (like $300 just for the engine manual and then another $300 for the body manual). I would say your best bet is to get a Bentley Manual from over here as this will help give you a better idea of what is going on with your van body etc, but there are so many differences in your van than what we have here: 15" rims, bigger vented front disc, bigger rear drums, suspension is different, not to mention the motor (over here we had 4-cylinder aircooled boxer engines, then diesel in line 4 cylinders, then the waterboxer a watercooled 4-cylinder boxer engine and that was it).

Ken Wilford http://www.vanagain.com John 3:16 Phone: (856)-765-1583 Shop: (856)-327-0027 Fax: (856)-327-2242