Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Oct 1999 21:19:25 -0000
From:         "dela@kawartha.com" <dela@KAWARTHA.COM>
Subject:      Wanted:'88&up in northeast N. America
Comments: To: Vanagon <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Dear Vanagoneers:

This message is aimed particularly at non-advertised vans, as I have already cruised many of the online and paper classifieds. I'm looking for a 1988 or newer _non-camper_ Van, although I will consider '86 and '87 Vans too. If you don't own the van I'm looking for but have sharp eyes, I'll put up a finder's fee if you help me find the replacement for my beloved Dela.

-> I'm not overly concerned about surface appearance (e.g. seam rust, dings, dents) but: -> I know what leaky cooling systems smell and look like, and I don't like'em. -> I'll gladly consider a Syncro with a non-functioning v/c -> Peripherals such as middle seats, a/c, or power locks need not be present or functioning. -> Tire condition is not important as long as they hold air! -> I don't want a Westfalia, but I'm certainly interested in non-pop-top weekenders. -> I'm located in Southern Ontario but: -> I'm willing to travel an area including Ontario, Quebec, the Maritimes, New England to New York to Chicago. -> I will discuss money by telephone (I'll pay the Long Distance), not internet.

If all those classified ads you posted aren't working, or if you have a Van that could help you with a down payment on that 2000 TDi, try me. If you know someone who's thinking about selling their van, or if you have a couple of 'o.k.' vans that could be put together to make one strong-running, family-pleasing daily driver, try me. Please reply personally as this is not a group topic, and I'm not currently on the list.

Sincere thanks in advance,

Marcus Elia Peterborough, ON dela@kawartha.com 1984 Westfalia (Dela) sold and needing a successor