Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Oct 1999 08:45:20 -0700
From:         zzIML-VANAGON <IML-VANAGON@I405.COM>
Subject:      Oktobugfest in Puyallup Washington -- Oct 17 1999 -- unofficial c
              amping Saturday night

There hasz been recent discussion on the vintagebus and wetwesties list... I am sending this to the VANAGON list so that all know :)

The official show is Sunday October 17 -- gates open at 9:00am. There tends to be a lot of stuff going on Saturday as people are setting up cars for car show, parts for parts selling, and so forth. For those who haven't been, this isn't really much in the way of "fest" show... there isn't any food or anything special of note.... but it is an indoor car show and swap meet. Tends to have big attendance due to being the last show of the season..

For directions to the event... go to http://www.thefair.com/ web site. If you are interested in the car show or swap selling, here is the contact information for the organizers of the event:

>>> Oktobugfest at the Puyallup Fairgrounds in Puyallup from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Info: (206) 523-9200 or (425) 771-6411 <<<

Here is Daniel Simmons' instructions on camping Saturday night. He posted this to the wetwesties mailing list.

===============---------=============== From: "Simmons, Daniel A" <Daniel.Simmons2@PSS.Boeing.com>

Anyway there is a field on the back side of the fairgrounds.. I think that is the south side... look for the old (white) roller coaster frame... or if you have been there to exhibit it is on the side where you would drive in.... it is a big field and is opened for camping with some hookups available... but the majority is just a parking space.... with luck I will be rolling in there SATURDAY afternoon after dinner? ANYWAY hope to see some buses there... last time there were only 3 of us and a Honda accord....

I am planning on being there Saturday night. The fairgrounds are pretty much in the middle of (small) town, so plenty of places to get food or drink around...

Stephen Gutknecht Renton, Washington