Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:37:23 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker@URONRAMP.NET>
Subject:      Fffrryyyyday Phollies ... oh, great! he's back at it again ...

yes, ladies and germs, it's me again. back again with more boredom ... ;)

Dangerous Van McGrew by Robert W. Service-Advisor

A bunch of the buses were boozing it up In the Rancho del Red Rock canteen, All shitfaced from swilling straight thirty-weight oil, They were starting to get rather mean.

The temperatures rose, with the shouts and the swears, And the burnt smell of oil made you choke, When the doors flung wide open, and a breath of fresh air Made them all forget what they spoke.

For there in the door, in lilly white lace, Was a Eurovan, twiching her hips, And enjoying the sight of the buses' bright lights Which got brighter as she licked her lips.

She was young, and demur, but no stranger to vice, For her fenders had scratches and dings. And some Microbus said, as he cradled his head, He had heard she did unspeakable things.

She was different, he said, with her engine up front, Where her power went to her front wheels, And her pistons were six, upright in a vee, And THAT made the Vanagons squeal!

As the stares and the gossip encircled the room, Like the blue smoke of oil in the air, She straightened her fenders, rolled up to the bar, Said, "Barkeep! Some oil for this mare!"

"Don't give me that cheap stuff, that no-name lube oil, "And I don't want that recycled stuff! "I want quality hootch, that Mobil, that One," She said in a voice, low and gruff.

She was half through a liter, her fifth of the night, When a big Syncro Camper came in, He focused his headlights and gave her both brights As his grillwork turned into a grin.

Then he four-wheeled beside her, and popped up his top, Saying, "Howdy! Can I buy you a can? "Or maybe you'd rather come sit over there, "Where I'll show you a Real Vee-Dub Van!"

At first, she ignored him, or so it appeared, But the oil, it was taking its toll, And there in the corner, by the end of the bar, Her Eurovan virtue was sold.

When the sun rose next morning, her headliner ached, And her radiator needed a washing, Her headlights were cloudy, all covered with grime, And her fuel tank, near empty, was sloshing.

Nine months from that day, in a family way, She found herself circled by babies, Reminders for life, of that one fateful night, With none of those Buts, Ifs, or Maybes.

A Golf that was blue, of a beautiful hue, Like his father, a color that glowed; A Jetta of red, at least so they said; And a Beetle as white as the snow.

--------------------------------------

Propanity

A little tank, beneath my floor, Contains a gas that some deplore ... A gas that smells like Eau d' Skunk or rotted cabbage in a trunk.

And yet we use it every day For cooking, cooling in some way; Throughout this land and countryside, It's used in homes, both far and wide.

Why, even in our homes on wheels It's often used to fix our meals. It can your food both heat and cool, As long as you don't play the fool.

A bottled bomb, Pandora's box, A genie's boon, or cursed pox? It all depends on how we treat This gaseous source of traveling heat.

Our comforts hinge on this, we find, So much we can't leave it behind, And there bespeaks dependency On this so-called Propanity!

Gimme a "V", Gimme an "O", ...

V is for the Victory of wrenching, O is for the Other times I've lost, L is for that Lost and Lonely feeling when the dealer tells you what it cost!

K is for the Thousand miles I've driven, S is for the Speed I never had, W's for the Wagen that has striven to carry me through weather good and bad.

A is for the Axles always turning, G is for the Gears that sometimes grind, E is for my Even-tempered engine, and N is for the End of this here rhyme. :)

Put them all together, they spell "Volkswagen", Who made the buses I have learned to love.