Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 8 Oct 1999 20:42:55 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker@URONRAMP.NET>
Subject:      FFRryDaye Foibles ... or how to get thrown out of English Class

last one for tonight. :)

A Bus by Someone-other-than-Joyce-Kilmer

I thought that I would never see A bigger fool than I could be, Someone whose tastes are sim'lar strange In transportation speed and range.

Who, like me, instead of speed, Choose cargo volume as a need; More room to sleep, perchance to dream, With all within, beside a stream.

And like the Tortoise, not the Hare, Who won't be hurried getting there; But when arrived we are, we think, Have kit, caboodle, and kitchen sink.

Who, like me, instead of miles, Would rather count the grins and smiles That come from driving day to day Four wheels beneath a cargo bay.

And sit up high above the street, To wave at every bus we meet, As down the highway and the lanes We truck along with sweet refrains.

I thought that I would never see A bigger fool than I could be, But lots of folks make quite a fuss That only Volkswagen makes a bus. :)

I think that I shall never see An auto that appeals to me, In shape or form, for beast or man, As much as a Volkswagen Van.

It goes Where None Have Gone Before And does it with just speeds of four; It goes, and with you takes it all For creature comforts, big and small;

It carries on, and ne'er complains In Winter's snow or Springtime's rains, Or Summer's heat, or Autumn's breeze, Although at times, your butt will freeze;

It lasts the ages, passing down From Old to Young, who've newly found The sheer delight and sect's appeal Of driving in a box on wheels.

When I was Young and Pretty by W. H. Awfuldin and his dog, Spot

When I was young and pretty, I heard a Wise Man say: "Give Marks and Pounds and Dollars, "But not your Bus away." But I was young and pretty, No use to talk to me; A Bus was just another car And traded frequently.

When I was young and pretty, I thought I knew it all; I had been driving, don't you see, For years in Traffic's crawl. I'd had my education, As much as I could stand Why, I knew all there was to know, As much as Any Man!

I'd had so many autos, I can't remember them; I'd bought, and sold, and bought again, With Credit, Cash, and Whim. Sedans, Two-doors, Convertibles, I'd several Buses, too ... And when I tired of what I had, I'd go get something new.

But now I'm older, sadder; No longer Wise Men speak; And if they did, I couldn't hear Unless they really shriek; And Buses that I once enjoyed, Remembered from the past ... If only I'd hung onto them ... I understand at last.

When I was young and pretty, I heard a Wise Man say: "Give Marks and Pounds and Dollars, "But not your Bus away." Since now I'm old and ugly, I pass this on to you: Remember what those Wise Men say; It's true, it's true, it's true.

:)