Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:34:45 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: Inspection Horror Story!

Ohhh... some guys are dumb!

I was at an inspection not long time ago with the Syncro, and the DMV guy naturally wanted to test the brakes on the roller. I said "No way, its a 4wd!" The DMV guy just said "ok, we'll just do it on the truck rollers, they turn the wheels different ways to keep the drive shaft still!" This was pretty cool, and no damage done to the 4wd. I really didnt think such thing existed, but I figure those rollers are to test rear brakes on 4x6 trucks with 2 driven rear axles.

PerL 87 Syncro 112i