Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 16 Oct 1999 13:33:58 -0700
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Re: oil pressure trouble far from home
Comments: To: Steve Wickham <sawickham@YAHOO.COM>

Steve, You could remove the tin pan shield (driver's side) under the van, remove the oil pressure sensor and the mechanic could insert a new sensor & connect to a oil pressure gauge & run the motor for a while... a this could be done in the shop and seems safer than risking a trip to Las Vegas. You didn't tell us what oil viscosity you are using and weather you are using the proper oil filter or not. It can make a difference. Bill 90 Westy Syncro -----Original Message----- From: Steve Wickham <sawickham@YAHOO.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, October 16, 1999 1:07 PM Subject: oil pressure trouble far from home