Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:32:18 -0600
From:         Alfred Bagdan <abagdan@POWERSURFR.COM>
Subject:      Oil Filters

Hi all

I hope this subject is not too tiresome to the Vanagon List pros, but since there seems to be not much going on at the moment, here goes.

I have been using the cheap oil filters from Canadian Tire for years with no apparent bad effects. After joining this List this summer I have become sort of paranoid and confused as to what should and should nod be used in a Vanagon.

Anyway, I am about to change the oil again for the winter, using 5W30. I live in Edmonton, Canada. I have bought a Bosh 72150 filter (it has a spring like thing in the middle) and a Canadian Tire filter (hollow in the middle, no spring).

Questions: Which is better, and why? Can the spring in the Bosh filter get stuck, rendering the filter useless? Should I get another type of filter?

Thanks

Alfred 85 Vanagon