Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:42:01 -0500
From:         Holm <vholm@WEREWOLF.NET>
Subject:      Re: OIL, What do you use?
Comments: To: Brent Christensen <bpchristensen1@HOME.COM>

Yes, but the wizard from Standard Oil forgot to mention (or likely, he didn't have a clue about) the fact that synthetic oil does not thicken as much in cold weather as does dino oil.

This is important for a number of reasons: First and foremost, oil will flow through the galleys more readily, thereby lubing your engine during the most critical wear time -- start up. Secondly, your engine will turn over much easier thereby starting more readily and saving considerable wear on the starter (and patience!).

Also, since the engine starts more readily there is less raw gas washed past the rings into the block.

VH 84 Westy Fridgid, Wisconsin

-----Original Message----- From: Brent Christensen <bpchristensen1@HOME.COM> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, October 20, 1999 7:16 PM Subject: Re: OIL, What do you use?