Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 1999 03:24:16 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Headlight wiring harnesses and voltage drops
Comments: To: vanagon@volkswagen.org

In a message dated 10/21/99 2:37:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG writes:

<< If you were going to install this wiring harness, what wire gauge would you want to see used. How much would you want to be willing to pay to a "cut no wires" "plug and play" wiring harness like this? One wire or two running to the battery? >>

fwiw, i just ordered a "plug and play" wiring harness/relays for my '86 audi 5k Turbo, which i am installing the eurolights in (H4's). I will be running 80/100w H4 bulbs for the hi/lo beams, and 100w H3's for the driving lights. I ordered the wiring harness from a place called Blaufernugen out of wisconsin. (check out their site at audiquattroparts.com) they offer wiring harnesses for people who want to upgrade to eurolights. i havent gotten the harness yet, but i have heard the quality is superb. I paid around $140 for it. kinda steep, but it saves me the hassle of making one, with relays, switch and all.

chris