Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 1999 10:58:43 -0700
From:         Jon Sykes <jonandbarb@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Edmunds Town Hall articles

FYI. Some interesting Eurovan and Vanagon discussions at Edmunds.com "Town Hall." Requires free registration (30 secs).

Vanagon - http://wellengaged.com/engaged/edmund.cgi?c=Vans&t=78&f=0&Z=9Tzl2xE+/zwDV42yHMdU2Kt/3+5Pg+EB Example: 1 of 4: charles15 Mon 26 Apr '99 (09:43 AM) VW vanagons are a nightmare. I had an '84 which I bought new. I got so that I never flinched when presented with a four figure repair bill. They have chronic headgasket,CVC joint, Cooling system problems etc. The power steering was new in i985 or 1986 - mine was manual but if the dealer says they are a problem - believe him. They are a unique and fun vehicle but be prepared to pay big repair bills.

Eurovan - http://wellengaged.com/engaged/edmund.cgi?c=Vans&f=0&t=41&q=0- Example: #60 of 80: mrnimmo (Mon 14 Jun '99 (08:36 PM) I looked at a 99 EV/MV today. Understand that I truly love VW vans. I've owned three vans in the past, two aircooled and one wasserboxer vanagon. The EV is uninspiring. Plastic everywhere. The table, jumpseats, and bed look flimsy The curtains look cheap. All the ambience of a base model Plymouth Voyager for only 50% more. I'm not sure if I will waste my time by driving. I'll pass. Or at least wait until there is a $10,000 dealer incentive in place. Besides, Transporter 2000 is just around the corner.

Also a Road Test of a 1999 Volkswagen EuroVan GLS: http://www.edmunds.com/edweb/wardlaw/99Volkswagen.EuroVan.rt.html