Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Oct 1999 20:41:02 -0400
From:         Dick & Janette Smith <varieze@ASCENT.NET>
Subject:      Voice Chat

It's nearly Friday and I thought that I'd pass this on for what it's worth. No flames are needed or expected. For about a month now myself and several family members have been using a voice and text based chat program to keep in touch. We are impressed with it and I was wondering if there would be any interest among listees in having a forum set up to discuss some of the things that we do on the present server but by voice and in real time. The program is freeware and all one needs is a sound board, speakers and a microphone. The program is called FireTalk and is downloadable from the web at www.multitude.com . It will allow as many as want to be on at one time and you can have both the text chat box and the voice mode running simultaneously. A forum has to be setup each time you go on and should be password protected to keep out the usual unwanted persons that seem to frequent the chat rooms. I would like to suggest that if it comes to fruitation that the forum be called VW Busses and be password protected with GERRY which everyone is most familiar with. This would allow members to converse in real time and in a group atmosphere. Just putting it out FWIW. Thanks.

Dick & Janette Smith Norwich, NY Retired 85 Westy Vanagon GL "No One May Step Twice In The Same River"

[text/html]