Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1999 17:46:12 -0700
From:         Max/Joyce Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Help Clutch Pilot Bearing question!
Comments: To: EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>

My Sachs(mexican made now?) clutch kit came with a platic alignment tool included. Left it in the package as I already had an alignment tool made from the input shaft of an earlier VW ala Mr. Bulley's suggestion. The leg pressure required to operate the new clutch is substantially lessthan the OE clutch that came out after almost 140k. Hope it's not a girly- man clutch and wear out in half the time of the original. Seems to release a little earlier too, but that could be the fact that a nice new thick disc is in place now. My wife will appreciate the easier operating pedal for sure.

Dimwitted Moose and Flying Squirrel -----Original Message----- From: EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Saturday, October 23, 1999 12:15 PM Subject: Re: Help Clutch Pilot Bearing question!