Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1999 16:32:35 -0700
From:         "T.P. Stephens" <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      DM: List procedure enhancement

To: type2@type2.com From: "T.P. Stephens" <doktortim@rockisland.com> Subject: DM: List procedure enhancement

I have been inundated with e-mails from my initial participation on the list. Demand outstrips supply. Must modernfy my procedure.

1.) I will not be sending directly to the web site responses, only whole cloth original subject submittals when I feel they are of good common use to the listees.

2.) The bulk of my e-mails will go off list. Anyone who receives an e-mail from me is given license (revolkable at any time) to edit my responce to them, WITHOUT ANY OUT OF CONTEXT SENANIGANS, and submit to the site if THEY feel it is relevant or of value to others.

3.) I am perfectly capable of filtering out the flame throwers who misuse this license. I am experienced in extinguising open flames in my vicinity, or haven't you heard??

4.) There are plenty of listees with excellent knowledge to anwer basic questions. I will rely on them to continue to do so. I will respond if it appears that standard proceedures are not getting a good result by providing ideas about enhancing proceedures to find that intermitant glitch or if I have a little trick of the trade that will reduce your efforts.

5.) I will remain subscribed until further notice so you may make submittals to me either on or off list, which ever is most convient for you.

Wishing I was Bill Gates and could send every listee, minus flamethrowers, a million bucks so you could resurrect every VW with potential for continued safe, dependable use.

Regards, and thank you for the feedback.

Doktor Tim Maintenance Repair and Restoration of European Vehicles San Juan Island, WA