Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:32:56 +0200
From:         Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>
Subject:      Re: towing concerns...

Marshall Ruskin wrote:

> What I am wondering is.... > > Why not tow it with the rear end on dollies? > > Every tow truck driver here in Manitoba has them by law- perhaps I am > missing something germain to this? > > Or - why not tow it backwards, with the the driven wheels up in the air? > > Any information here would enlighten me - as I am in the dark on this. >

It's done all the time over here, they lock up the steering with some device (I believe the steering lock is not enough) and tow off. I guess it just depends on the cars location and point of direction when the tow truck come to pick it up. They seldom try to turn it around, only when there is a need, like damage or auto tranny. 4wds and a/t's often get a flatbed, too.

PerL 87 Syncro 112i