Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Oct 1999 16:03:53 -0400
From:         Pierre A Lachance <palachance@CCAPCABLE.COM>
Subject:      cold weather ???what to do !

I really enjoyed this letter of someone last week that was asking what to do..., for he had to change his spark plugs every 20K or 30K miles because they were "eaten" ... yes "eaten". I was brought up in a family that, in the end of october, when you now change the batteries in your smoke or fire detector, and change the time on your clock, to spend a good afternoon on your car... First, change the spark plugs, even if they look like new, look and change any ignition parts that ...; look at the electric blanket that surrounds and heats the battery; the engine heater... I do not know if Dr Tim will read this... Whatever... In a way, I believe in DM, but "god save the queen", the vw engine heaters are the worst that I have ever seen, not to say more. I have used them since the 60's, they look and are these things that they sell at a " dollar store " to heat your coffee. I think they were never legal for heating hot water ( at least in canada ) ... but are for Vws ??? and you have to use them... but on the contrary, what I really like, about westies is the second battery. You can always carry your wires to " boost " the other one ! More, change the oil with a mixture of 5W30 syn and regular or better 0w30; 5W50 if your are planning to go down to florida and see your inlaws...Next, wipers, blowers, rear window heater and wipers ,tires,scrapers...etc etc as somebody already said HAPPY Winter with a capital W... pierre lac beauport, pq

[text/html]