Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 22 Oct 1999 06:40:11 -0700
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      /f 3 Vanagon Notes & ConsumerSearch Funding heads toward $1
              Million

Let me see if I can say something of Vanagon relevance in this email...

1. My sister plans to sell her 87 Syncro Westfalia soon. She lives in DC and nobody knows this yet. She can be reached at lisadrew@aol.com.

2. I think I am going to do a swap to 6.17 gears before I bring my van out of the garage. I am not sure there are any other list members in the USA running this gearset. Corect me if I am wrong.

3. I believe there is a likelyhood of there being in the USA a plentiful supply of cheap brand new Vscous Couplings before year-end. If you need one you may wish to hold your horses until I can get some more intel on this.

Here is personal note (/f Friday):

Since my post of about a month ago mentioning that we had received seed funding in the amount of $300,000 we have raised an additional ~$550,000 from various individuals, almost all of it in the form of $25,000, $50,000, and $100,000 checks. We are going to stop taking in funds when we reach $1.25 million because we are issuing shares in ConsumerSearch exceedingly cheaply to these early investors.

This email is going out to the list because we are actively hiring freelance and full time talent to work on this project, and it occurred to me that some of our writers and thinkers may wish to take over management of certain consumer product categories in which they have an expertise in return for cash and stock options. (Those of you who wrote in the last few weeks to say you are available for this kind of work should expect to hear back shortly.) I have a feeling that the sort of diciplined approach of the average Vanagon list member to his vehicle has some crossover to the skill set that may yield above average results for our project. Think About.com but much more diciplined and intelligent.

A copy of the posting for professional writers is currently posted to the web at http://www.consumersearch.com/editorsandwriters.htm.

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY CEO, ConsumerSearch drew@interport.net

212-580-6486 917-848-6425 (cell; this phone is a reliable way to reach me fast or to leave messages)

Alternate numbers for the industrious phone caller that wants to try every avenue: 202-966-7907 (Work), 212-580-4459 (Home), 202-966-0938 (Home)