Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:25:57 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Report on proper % Air Viscous Coupling

Steve is right of course that I mixed up the word air and fluid. Sorry to have to post this correction. 14% air supposed to be too much air; 86% fluid supposed to be not enough fluid.

I should have more intel on the VCs within a week. Hopefuly I will have the other kind of VCs all over me by around February.

At 04:23 PM 10/25/99 -0700, you wrote: >Hi Derek. Glad the seed $ coming in. Wish i had some >to invest! > >Do you still think it a good bet the new VCs will be >available this year? > >Also, i am missing something from your notes below. >Did you mean 86% air of fluid? If air, why would this >mean that 14% FLUID IS TOO MUCH? >STEVE > >Derek Drew wrote: >> >> I have received a report that indicates filling a SDP VC with 86% air and >> then putting in the correct specification fluid yields a nonfunctioning VC. >> >> This data must be be taken together with my previous posts on the subject >> because it implies that the proper air % in the VC is a number smaller than >> 14%. >> >> I have not yet run across the proper air % specification, however. >> _______________________________________________ >> Derek Drew New York, NY >> CEO, ConsumerSearch >> drew@interport.net >> >> 212-580-6486 >> 917-848-6425 (cell; this phone is a reliable way to reach me fast or to >> leave messages) >> >> Alternate numbers for the industrious phone caller that wants to try every >> avenue: 202-966-7907 (Work), 212-580-4459 (Home), 202-966-0938 (Home)