Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Oct 1999 23:01:45 -0400
From:         Pat Dooley <pdooley@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: Eurospec question

I disagree. Not all engines have harmonic balancers. Some engines are internally balanced, like the I4 vw's. The stamped pulley that turns my water pump and alternator is not a balancer.

Furthermore, the harmonic balancer on my Audi has belt grooves in it. The Chevy v8s are externally balanced with a HB, and much notice is given to this fact in GM repair manuals. If every motor used a HB, GM wouldn't go out the way to call attention to it.