Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Oct 1999 19:47:19 -0700
From:         "J. Ross (by way of Ron 'Coyote' Lussier)" <jross4829@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      VW Co-op

Join the fastest growing VW organization today. The only worldwide VW Co-op.

What is a Co-op?

By definition a co-op is a co-operative of individuals brought together for a specific purpose. A co-operative of growers in agriculture join forces to get better treatment from the people that they sell to. Financial co-operatives started in the late 1800's and early 1900's and were the forerunners of the saving/thrift and loans and presently the credit unions. These were co-operatives of people who wanted a fairer shake than the banks at the time weregiving them.

What is our specific purpose?

We can co-operate together for several reasons. First, the buying power of the co-operative can get us better prices at the catalogue and warehouse retailers we all deal with. Second, we all know about backyard bugs. We have probably all taken the parts we need from them already, however, there are parts that you need that I may know about and parts that I need that you might know where they can be found. Third, this co-operative would give a good forum to exchange information on restoration techniques, how to's, what's news and what's cool. Fourth by co-operating together we can restore aircooled volkswagens and put them back on the road, all will be co-operative members and all can save money.

What do you need or want from me?

All we need from you is interest. We need at least one thousand members to get the ball rolling so pass this information on freely and send inquires, suggestions and comments to vwcoop@juno.com. If you have a desire to join send your name, address telephone and e-mailaddress to get on our reservation list. There is no commitment by doing this. This information will not be sold to anyone and will only be monitored as an indication as to how much interest there is in the co-op and as a way to get additional information to you. When it is time to join you will be contacted if you are on the e-mailing list.

Thank you again for your time as a fellow VW enthusiast. Tyler Bastian