Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 31 Oct 1999 19:46:57 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@SCOTT.NET>
Subject:      Re: go to this link for pic- throttle spring adjustment question
Comments: To: Peter <printstud@T-THREE.COM>

Peter, I had this RPM hunting problem on my '88Gl with the 2.1L engine.

First I replaced the O2 sensor, then with the engine warm, I shut it down, disconnected the idle stabilized, started it up, adjusted the idle speed, shut it down, reconnected idle stabilizer, started up again.

No more problem.

John Rodgers '88GL Driver

Peter wrote:

> While checking the throttle I noticed that the spring does not > pull the throttle all the way back to the stop which it can go back > to. It's kind of hanging somewhere in between , in limbo! > > see attached pic at: > > http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/Beltprob.htm ) > > > and see the pink arrow. > I wondered if any of you Syncronauts out there have this same > set-up?? Should the spring pull the return to the throttle all the way > to the stop?? I am also having some idle variation, sometimes it > hovers around 900 RPM (about half the time it behaves) as its supposed > to, but then it will randomly start wondering up to 1500, or even go > to 2-3000, then back down? or stay up? For no rhyme or reason that I > can figure..... Its been doing this for years ( not just since I broke > the cable), So I usually have to disconnect the idle valve. I wondered > if these two problems are related and if the spring needs to be > shorter to provide more pull on the return?? > > Thanks for any experience you all may have > - Peter > '87 Syncro 84K > Honda CBR 600 23K > Reply to: printstud@bigfoot.com > > Picture posted/ hosted thanks to: david > David Beierl - dbeierl@ibm.net

[text/html]