Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:36:18 -0700
From:         Patty Ciesla <imahorse@LELAND.STANFORD.EDU>
Subject:      FS: 84 Adventurewagen SF area California

Still available. I'd love to conclude a cash sale this weekend. Respond and I'll give you directions to see the car.

Patty ------------------------------------------------------ For lack of knowledge, time, money or sufficient enthusiasm, I am selling my late mother's Vanagon GL Adventurewagen.

I inherited this car, along with all service records, about a year and a half ago, drove it for a few months and then parked it when it was diagnosed with a leaking headgasket. It was running fine but hasn't been started in a year. It has 178k on the original engine, and reams of maintenance receipts from the local VW guy. Many parts are relatively new, but I'm sure the engine is in need of replacement or rebuild.

The adventurewagen conversion features a tall fiberglass top (not a pop-top), so you can stand up inside very comfortably. There is an AM/FM cassette stereo with front and rear speakers, fridge, sink, stove, heater, cabinets and cubbies, water and electric hookup stuff, auxillary battery, propane tank, skylight and 3 fold-down tables. Up top, in the front is a very large storage area over the front seats, in back there is a small bed somewhat larger than a twin that pulls out to sleep two kids. Behind the back seat is a double bed that folds out to sleep two adults. Much more useful room inside than a pop-top. There is a full set of curtains and an assortment of personal mods that mom made for long road trips. Tasteful and clever stuff. There's a ball hitch with functional wiring used to tow a light rowboat on a small trailer, mostly locally and to Baja and BC, not heavy loads. Mom bought the car new and took it on numerous multi-week long trips.

Appearance is, hmm, ok. There is a dent/scrape on the side behind the slider door (Dad did it backing up) and the bumper corners have met solid objects in other parking mistakes. Some rust, but from coastal air, not salty roads. Otherwise the (brown) paint and (beige) seats and (teak trimmed) interior are in reasonably good condition. The car has never been crashed or thrashed, just used. I am hoping to find a buyer who would fix it up and return it to more adventurous journeys. For a small investment, it would make a great home away from home.

Price is $1200. The car in is the Stanford area.

pmail or phone for more info and directions to see it. 650-917-8699 imahorse@leland.stanford.edu

Patty and Charles 90 Westfalia "Trailheader" 84 Adventurewagen "Frannie Mobile" 88 Fox "Lil Blue"