Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:15:59 -0700
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Order of the dyno testing...
Comments: To: Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>

In order to be the most meaningful, the comparison should be done on the same dyno, same day, same overall conditions. Hopefully someone can provide a stock 2.1 vanagon for this purpose.

Mark

Michael Townsend wrote: > > HI, > > My van fits that category nicely. I volunteered to be a control sample if > he could find a local (Raleigh) shop. Any quick dyno would be good enough > for one stock run. Unfortunately, the level of sophistication required for > Robert (wind effect, etc.) pushes the test 2 hours away to Charlotte and the > cost to $100, which is more time and money resources than I would take away > from my family. However, I suppose I don't have to go to the same dyno as > him if they are all calibrated to National Standards properly. Maybe there > is a local one that is good enough . . . > > Michael Townsend > > -----Original Message----- > From: KENWILFY@AOL.COM <KENWILFY@AOL.COM> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Date: Friday, October 29, 1999 8:55 AM > Subject: Re: Order of the dyno testing... > > >I would really like to see as the base line a stock, recently rebuilt > (within > >the last 20k miles) and good running, 2.1l engine with stock manual tranny. > >That way we can see what we have and then what you've got. Anybody in that > >area that can volunteer thier van? > > > >Ken Wilford > >http://www.vanagain.com > >John 3:16 > >Phone: (856)-765-1583 > >Shop: (856)-327-0027 > >Fax: (856)-327-2242