Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1999, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:55:49 -0500
From:         William Wedenoja <waw105f@MAIL.SMSU.EDU>
Subject:      Re: KYB shocks
Comments: To: "Melissa E. Mourkas" <legacy@JAVANET.COM>

We replaced the original shocks on our 88 Westy (130k miles) with KYB shocks last June, then put 10,000 miles on them this summer on two long trips. I didn't notice any difference other than possibly a bit more stability (which we can all use!). I am very pleased with the Westy's ride on the highway. Wouldn't say it was rough at all--except maybe a bit around town. I don't know what we paid to have the shocks installed, as the bill included labor on a number of other items too, but I'm sure it was far less than $350, including parts (of course, labor is probably half here what it is in Mass). And the mechanic said they were so rusty it took him the better part of a day to get them off.

Bill Springfield, MO

----- Original Message ----- From: Melissa E. Mourkas <legacy@JAVANET.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, October 28, 1999 7:20 PM Subject: Re: Yokohama tires/ KYB shocks