Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:11:10 EST
From:         Keith Olsen <VintagePkr@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Blower Seized, Freeing Advice Needed for 82 diesel
Comments: To: jager@peregrine.cs.jhu.edu

Hi All, Just when I was about to start enjoying a November with heat it seems my heater blower has stopped. The switch is working and I have noticed that the dash lights dim a bit when I turn the switch so I surmise a seized motor is to blame. The big question is how the heck do you access the darn thing? I pulled the ashtray, radio, tube from the aux diesel fuel heater (which doesnt work either) and all other air tubing while hoping beyond all hope that maybe the motor would be accessable enough to check it or give it a manual spin to free it up, or, when all of that doesnt work, swear loudly and start saving my allowence for a replacement. Does any one have any suggestions on the subject? TIA Keith Olsen 82 Vanagon Diesel 87 Vanagon Wolfsburg GL 85 diesel golf 79 loaf