Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:08:40 EST
From:         Rico Dagastino <Dagbear@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Vanagon Purchase

Yesterday I bought the 87 Vanagon for $2,000. It has the Weekender package and is in excellent condition. I was given the latest inspection report (hydrocarbons- a result of 27 PPM with an applicable standard of 220 PPM, carbon monoxide -- a result of 0.01% with an applicable standard of 1.2 percent), all original owners manuals, and the original window sticker from Meltebeke's La Habra Volkswagen in La Habra California with a total price of $19,862.50. I will be refreshing all of the fluids, replacing the hatch struts and the fuel lines, as well as cleaning the carpet and replacing the missing ash tray. All of the cup holders are present and functional. The vehicle seems to be mechanically sound and has only a few minor cosmetic dings. I will be moving the CD changer to the area under the rear seat. It is currently located under the jump seat behind the driver. I will keep you informed of my progress. The 84 will be named "Thing 1", and the 87 will be named "Thing 2" ( with apologies to Dr Seuss)

Rico Dagastino Munford, TN