Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:28:59 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@TOAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: Aux battery kit from Bus Depot (fwd)
Comments: To: Vgonman@AOL.COM

With this setup is there any way to isolate the MAIN battery so the aux could be used for starting? If the main battery is somehow drained and then put in parallel with the aux the main would draw current from the aux making starting that much harder. Are there any "idiot lights" that tell you what is going on?

I have been wanting to install a second battery for a while but I have an almost pathalogical distrust of "automatic" devices that dont tell me what they are doing. I had pretty much decided that the best setup for me would be a manual switch that would allow a selection of "Main, Aux, Both, Off" but not being able to find one it looks like I am stuck with the automatics.