Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 3 Nov 1999 22:23:15 -0600
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mruskin@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Re: Computerized Gauge Setup
Comments: To: KENWILFY@AOL.COM

A good idea with desktop/laptop PC's - very difficult with handhelds.

A standard part for desktops/laptops is a board designed to read instrumentation (called signal acquisition boards).

With these boards, there is usually some sort of SW to display signal readings in real time. This sw is pretty easy to write using VB.

Actually - using the new "visor" handheld with it's expansion port - it may be possible to implement your idea soon.

Thing is - do you want all your gauges reading in a 3 inch square? Tough call, methinks.

However - a special automobile aftermarket display device- that displays all sorts of different sensors/whatever you've got - is a pretty good idea. Not too expensive to develop - but is it a mass-market product?

Hard to say.

Marshall Ruskin