Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 4 Nov 1999 10:34:04 -0800
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: Computerized Gauge Setup
Comments: cc: KENWILFY@AOL.COM

Have a look at National Instruments LAbView (and LAbWindows for you know who's OS) software. The user can create pratically any "virtual instrument" one wants. They also sell hardware (A->D converters etc) and will ship you a demo CD of the software.

LabView has been around for years now, I think I saw it first around '86, '87 (was it really demo'd on a Mac Plus? naw!).

I'm still lobbying at work to buy a full blow version of the software to play with data aquisition and process control for my fermentors. Two of my fermentors are Swiss made Chemaps. Currently analog measurements and control are interfaced to a pc via a Chemap A-D, D-A converter unit. The pc runs Genesis (by the Iconics) process control software with an user interface made by Chemap. If you have doubts about the DM for VWs, then you would probably faint at the SM (Swiss Method) as embodied by Chemap.

Alistair