Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:11:33 -0800
From:         Steve Macaulay <smacaulay@INFINTIUM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Michelin Agilis sizes, info ( a bit long)

The tech support folks at Michelin also recommended the Agilis 185/75-14 load-rated C tire for my westy. In fact, they even authorized a 50% off credit on a set of four from my local Michelin dealer since I complained that the previous owner had put a new set of Michelin tires on six months earlier that he was told by the dealer "were the correct tire for this van".

I've had these tires for a year now and have been happy with them. They corner well and provide a quite ride. I've only had them in a little bit of snow but they seemed to handle well. I wasn't really impressed with their handling in mud though. I had a hard time getting out of a friend's muddy driveway one time and it seemed to me like they should have provided better traction then I was seeing. They seem to be fine in rainy and windy conditions.

I don't know if I would buy this same tire again, but I sure wouldn't rule it out. I would either get this one (same tire, same size) or a set of their MXTs or similar tires in maybe a 205 width. I would definitely stick with Michelin because I have been pleased on this and another situation with their customer support group and how they took care of my issues.

If you have a question on Michelin tires, you can fill out a form at www.michelin.com and it will be sent to their customer support group. I've done this a few times, and each time I actually had someone from Michelin call me at work a few hours after posting the question. They will fax you pictures of the tread pattern, sizes, load ratings, etc. Just ask and they will deliver.

Steve