Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 1 Nov 1999 21:07:10 -0800
From:         Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>
Subject:      Bus Boys

Volks, I don't normally do promos, but I think we have a situation now where the Bus Boys are getting a bad rap that they no longer deserve. For instance, embedded in Karl Bloss' excellent article (2 years old) on installing VDO gauges is a mention they have a bad reputation. I think it's about time to bury the hatchet regarding the bad image that we have had of the Bus Boys over the past couple of years. This is my recent experience:

I just recently bought VDO gauges and senders from them. Their prices were almost as low as Bus Depot and I found the guys that answer the phone to be more knowledgeable than at some of the other places. And they take time to talk to you; not just take your order like some places.

I talked with Walter. When I told him I was on The List he gave me a 10% discount. I told him they had a bad reputation on The List. He said that was due to some of the practices of the previous owner, but that the new owner has turned things around. He shipped my parts out the same day and I had them in two days. And they didn't charge an arm and a leg to ship them like some of the vendors do. I would definitely order from them again.

Bill 90 Westy Syncro