Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:47:59 -0800
From:         Joel Cort <joel_cort@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: A complete parts list for Syncro??
Comments: To: Peter <printstud@T-THREE.COM>

Sycronauts and the rest of the Vangon Gang

I inquired about the very same thing at one of the two miserable VW dealers here in Rochester. The parts guy was pretty cool and actually asked "management" about it. What all the VW dealers have is a dedicated system (I think that it's some flavor of UNIX)with a CD that gets updated periodically - perhaps monthly. Of course they had a different system to order and print the parts list from. So he could not give me a decent printout of the diagram we were viewing on the screen.

ALL the VW vehicles are on this CD not just our beloved Vanagons.

What I asked the parts guy for was the old CD or last months or even last years CD cause we know our vans have not changed. So the response was negatory good buddy.

I believe that there are list members that work at dealers. Can anyone get an old CD with all the good part numbers and drawings. I have access to a Sun Solaris system - connected to one of the fastest color digital printer made by Xerox. I can also make copies of the CD realatively easily.

And you are right Bentley and Haynes are deficient with the diagrams, dialogues and lack of part numbers.

Thanks

Joel Cort 89 Syncro Westy

--- Peter <printstud@T-THREE.COM> wrote: > Hi Syncronauts! > Do any of you know of a place on the internet > where you can go and find a > complete parts list for the Syncro? I was hoping > that all the VW parts > might be online somewhere with a picture or > illistration and the part # and > a price?? Like the VW dealers have in their parts > department. They must > have it on microfilm or maybe its available on a > CD?? Sure would be helpful > when working on these beasts! The Bentley manual > just doesnt have this > info. Not even the part #'s > > Thanks, > > - Peter > '87 Syncro 84K > Honda CBR 600 23K > Reply to: printstud@bigfoot.com >

=====