Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:40:55 -0500
From:         dan <finalcut@VISUALLINK.COM>
Subject:      pep boy's said after oil change I need ball joints....

Hello,

How can I check if this is so myself? Do I need to jack my car high or can I just look under? Can someone sort of direct me where to look at what it looks like? I am eager to learn about mechanics of the car but am waiting on buying a bentley book due to cash flow. I need major parts first to help it run better.

Ball joints..where are they and what are bad ones supposed to look like?

Thanks a lot all.. This is a great listserv

I recommend two people so far

Bus Depot---- This company so far saved me about 175 dollars on VW brake parts. Too bad the mechanics who did the work overcharged me labor.

That's why I wish I met Karl in MAryland earlier. He has a small shop and specializes on Vanagons. He posts here. He can help you repair it with confidence and at good prices. He will hopefully soon be replacing my faulty fusepanel and installing a new master cylinder to perfect the brakes.

Parts all from Bus Depot in what they say is 7 to 10 days but more like 3 to 5!!!

Thanks again

dan