Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 1999 09:49:54 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@SCOTT.NET>
Subject:      Re: what size wrench for bleeding clutch?
Comments: To: jsnyder <jsnyder@SHENTEL.NET>

Ah, good ol' I-40.

I just drove from Albuquerque to Memphis on that bloody rough road. You would think that the portion of the Interstate through the home state of the president of the United States would be the best section but in fact it is the worst. The road was built of concrete slabs with an expansion joint every so many feet. The highway is so abused by heavy trucking that the slabs are now bowed in the middle, exagerating the contact point at every expansion joint so your vehicle rocks and rolls evey few seconds as you cruise along. What ever is not really secured well in your van will shake loose for sure.

I suspect the construction was cheap'od on the contract and the specs not strictly adhered to.....Good ol'boy politics, you know!

John Rodgers "88GL Driver....well, maybe if I ever get my engine rebuilt....!