Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:04:33 -0600
From:         John Rodgers <inua@SCOTT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Good 'ol I-40
Comments: To: Mike Miller <mwm@LANSET.COM>

My suspicions have been confirmed!!

One more thing. The truckers have to make a living too, but sooner or later the system is going to break, and it will have to be rebuilt again. And that is OK. Thbings get used up. problem is, when you look at how bad some sections are, as compared to others, you begin to ask yourself.."How can this be?" I think some of the sections were sub standard to start with, because of graft and a lot of agencies and politicians playing footsy with the money appropriated for the job. I have seen this kind of stuff in Alaska when upgrades for roads were planned. When the Federal Monies came available, footsy was played, and things didn't get done as planned. Makes me really suspicious of politicians and contractors.

John Rodgers "88 GL Driver

John Rodgers "88GL driver.