Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Nov 1999 08:02:57 -0500
From:         Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>
Subject:      Re: This really is Vanagon related!!!
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

Ohhh!

That explains why my neighbor painted the concrete floor in his new garage with some thick battleship gray paint -- maybe it wan't just paint but some sort of special concrete sealer paint. I learn something new every day, even though my Vanagon is the only vehicle that doesn't drip anything now!

Michael -----Original Message----- From: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, November 11, 1999 11:03 PM Subject: Re: This really is Vanagon related!!! This is NOT a smart-a**ed answer, but concrete, especially new concrete is very porous. If you want it to look good long term, you need to seal it. I've had a lot of success cleaning spots with Tide. moisten the concrete and sprinkle the Tide on and let it set for a while. Work it around with a scrubby pad of some sort. The problem is that with the porosity of the concrete, the oil has leached down into it for a quarter inch or so. Other option is to leave it alone. after a year or so it will blend in. Yes, I used to own a janitorial service. Karl Wolz ----- Original Message ----- From: sam pacifico To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Friday, November 12, 1999 7:02 AM Subject: This really is Vanagon related!!! Sorry about this but I don't know who else to ask. My '87 GL has developed a small power steering leak. Drops a spot about the diameter of a tennis ball when it is parked after use. Bad enough, but how do you get the stain off the concrete driveway? I have tried two different driveway cleaners and several home brews but nothing seems to work. Forget the $450 for the power steering, the driveway just cost me $6000 ! Your help please.

[text/html]