Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 10:32:45 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: SA Grill removal (still wondering)
Comments: To: Oxroad@aol.com

In a message dated 11/16/99 4:07:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, Oxroad@AOL.COM writes:

<< > the only way to get it off is to either carefully pry it off, or pull it off > by hand.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping for something more technical, but I guess I was dreamin'.

I wanted the South African Grill Removal Tool. Or better yet the whole Grill Removal Kit. The kit includes a new Grill to replace the one that very early in the removal process will be cracked in several places. Sells for around $300 I'm guessing. >>

;<) well ive pulled mine off a few times, during the installation of the driving lights, to get everything lined up. of course, it was like 75 - 80 degrees at the time, and the plastic was very pliable, but i basically pulled it off by hand.. pulling outward at the areas right around where the tabs stick into the metal brackets on the body, so not to stress the plastic too much. if you have to remove yours, and you live in a climate where its currently not getting any warmer than 50-60 degrees, i'd go to a heated garage and let the grill warm up a bit (maybe warm it with a hairdryer too) unitil you can carefully pry it off. bad design, IMO, but what are you gonna do..

chris