Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:52:01 -0500
From:         karl <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Transmission -- hard to get in first

There is a much easier method for fine-tuning the shifter position: pull up the shifter boot, and loosen the two 10mm nuts that attach the shifter assembly to the car, then slide the oval-shaped metal part to the left or right as needed, then retighten. Moving the arm at the transmission even one notch on it's splines may be too much, in my experience. This way you also stay clean!

Karl M