Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 1999 10:45:22 -0500
From:         "Carrington, Tom" <tcarrington@RELITECH.COM>
Subject:      Re: [DIESEL] Leaking diesel injector pump... Please help
Comments: To: "Alan J. Flint" <ajflint@itsa.ucsf.edu>

Alan:

The crew met all safety and emissions standards for all 50 states except California. So I could not import it to there. That is basically what the letter from VWOA said. I paid 25% of the declared value in cash (the only thing acceptable) at Customs. I kept using the words VW Bus, Van, Vanagon in conversation with the officers hoping to make them accept that it was a car, and not a truck..no luck. :( Some people have gotten lucky and only had to pay the 2.5%.

No problems registering it at home, I just turned in the Customs paperwork to the DMV, and they handed me some tags!

TomC tcarrington@relitech.com http://volksweb.relitech.com 85 Vanagon Crew Cab 82 Westy diesel=>gas conversion 65 Notchback