Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:53:00 -0800
From:         "T.P. Stephens" <doktortim@ROCKISLAND.COM>
Subject:      Re: DM: Re: VW coolant

To: Joel Walker <jwalker@BAMA.UA.EDU> From: "T.P. Stephens" <doktortim@rockisland.com>

At 08:19 AM 11/17/1999 -0600, you wrote: >> Here's a 'scientific' test for you to try: Take 3 new waterboxers, one with >> green ethylene, one with green propylene, and one with the $$$ 'special' >> dealer coolant. Drive each 100K miles, under identical conditions. At this > >well, you can believe what you want to, but anybody who leaves >anti-freeze in a cooling system for 100,000 miles is definitely >gonna have problems!!! ALL FLUIDS in a vehicle should be replaced >regularly, and the coolant is no exception! when? about every two >years or 30,000 miles.

Yes, indeed. Spec. or Enhanced Spec. depending upon use and purpose of the vehicle.

>Why? cause the anti-corrosion additives >get depleted.

Yes, and one of the unique results of the unique Wasserboxer design is the much greater surface area of aluminum the coolant is exposed to. When the buffers in the coolant go south, they go exponentially. You can test ph to confirm the buffers are gone. If you get a 6.5 ph, it is proof that you don't yet have a 4 gallon battery going on. But it can be 7.5 in another month or 1000 miles. Once ion transfer begins, the march of aluminum atoms to take vacations and "See the System" begins. Gee, if we had some phosphate we could really get the tranportation system going. The steel has free ions for the asking. The aluminum, now out free and roaming thanks to the acid, is asking. A mutual agreement is founded to create a micro amperage battery of the cooling system. The acids eat the aluminum, and the steel at a much lower rate, and provides the atoms to build the crystals of scale that act like ice at the seams, fittings and flanges, wedging their way to freedom from the system.

If there are phosphates available to enhance ionic transfer when the coolant shifts to acid, you have a handy transfer infrastructure already in place. The Neaderthals knew this from the data they obtained when first studing the realities of their proposed mixed metals products. This is a long standing specification for all the DM school. Porsche/VW/Audi/MB/Opal/Volvo/Saab/Peugeot and others. Even the English apes have followed suit as Jaguar specifies the same for their mixed metal mechanisms.

>my 88 bus, bought brand new and having the coolant replaced every >couple of years, has 143,000 miles on it with no head gaskets. >gee, that's MORE than 100,000 miles ... why haven't i had the >head gasket leaks? :)

Yeah, real data, from experience, not a new experiment, confirmation of results under the given procedures, enhanced if inspection or unique uses warrent it. It just seems logical to me that the Germans are not having nearly the failure rate with the Wasserboxer design that we do because they don't compromise given procedure. I am still waiting for info from anyone in Germany or who has been to Germany to talk to the apes on the road driving 300,000 Kilo Wasserboxers to find out when or if they have ever had the heads replaced, oh, yes, and to see their documented service history proving the maintenance intervals.

The very last thing a Neanderthal ape wants to happen is to be sitting at the side of the road with steam billowing across the skyline, and every Cro Magnon, Neanderthal, Australopithecene and Binobo driving by chuckling and shaking their heads in chastisement in a demeaning barrage of social sanction, the negative type. 'Cause they know the solution is so simple, that any ape who can follow simple, specific instruction, see and do, doesn't have to put up with unthinking bullroar. I suggest that any one ape that thinks he knows better the the team of spezialist apes who made the maschine has an ego problem that will insure, with his like minded kind, a ready supply of fools and money for the ""Them to Us Algorhythm" applied by the more humble apes.

(Friday I will post my outline entitled "Political Economics 101" wherein the "Them to Us Algorhythm" is disclosed. It is the name for the methode of developing charisma with statistics.) It is universally applicable, not the least of which is the buying and selling of Wasserboxers. Doktor Tim Maintenance Repair and Restoration of European Vehicles San Juan Island, WA