Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:11:21 -0500
From:         "Horace K. Sawyer" <firestream@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Bus Boys: Great. The other, questionable
Comments: To: Davidson <wdavidson@THEGRID.NET>

Those guys, when they are not bussing tables, make great parts suppliers! I ordered a K&N Air Filter kit and received it almost before I ordered it.

Another well known vendor didn't return the courtesy when I rose to his defense on the list with a bristling assault on a detractor. (Some people pay big bucks for that). He wanted to nail me for restocking charges on an $80 mudflap. Okay fine, I had it awhile. But then I called up there to finalize a new deal and he raised the price $20 on a set of mudflaps that were earlier advertised less on this list. $99.95 instead of $79.95. Enough already. Suddenly, I just didn't want 4 flaps.

I went to my local dealer and believe it or not, bought an OEM mudflap for almost half of what I paid Bus Depot. Ooooppps, it just came out! You could say that pretty much chapped me. I was shocked. Where were the 70% savings, etc?

I felt pretty bad. Especially after all the hell I put that one poor dude through after he slammed Bus Depot recently.

Actually though, I thank BD. "Thank you, thank you, thank you." If it weren't for BD trying to raise the price on me, I would not have gone to my local dealer and discovered a nice surprise: prices less than BD. Amazing what advertising does to us consumers ---

Maybe a visit to your dealer every once in a while is a good thing.

HK Georgia

and Steve: bye bye BusDepot@onelist too

At 11:29 AM 11/17/99 -0800, Davidson wrote: >An updated report on my recent experience with the *new* and *improved* Bus >Boys: > >1. I ordered VDO gauges and sender they had in stock. > Results: They arrived in two days... good service... good advice over >phone. > >2. I ordered VDO mounting pods that were not in stock... special order. > Results: They received them from their supplier in 5 days. I received >them from > Bus Boys the *next* day... good service... good advice and rapport >over the phone. (This seemed so easy after waiting 2 1/2 weeks for this same >item on special order from a different, well known VW parts shop that was >delayed twice before I finally gave up on them and ordered from Bus Boys >instead.) > >3. I *returned* the oil pressure sender hose (in new condition). > Results: They credited my credit card and sent me a receipt... >cheerfully! > >In my opinion, the fact that they cheerfully accepted a return was the most >telling of my experiences. I think these guys are great... Walter in >particular... and would definitely order from them again. > >Bill >90 Westy Syncro

[text/html]