Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:32:11 EST
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      16" A8 Alloys and Steel wheels for the Vanagon

for those who havent been keeping up (or don't care ;<) , the 16x7et37 '97-'99 Audi A8 five spoke alloy is a bolt-on to the Vanagon for those who want to move up to a 16" alloy wheel. these wheels are kinda hard to find, tho. i have been searching around a bunch of audi sites on the web, and i had inquired about the following (scroll down), but he wants too much. with the new tires, and perfect alloy wheels, i'd say $700 is more realistic) might you be able to talk him down tho. On another , more cost effective note, Per and i have been talking about the A8 16x7et42 full size steel wheel ( a hardly-opted option on the '97-'99 non-Quattro A8) Audi part # 4DO 601 025 Z7P which are sold by most US audi dealers for around $90 a wheel, tho apparently these can be had from Tire Rack for like $50 bucks each. since i actually have some of these wheels (the A8 alloys, that is) i will try to get a pic up soon of what they look like on the Vanagon.

now, only if i could find a set of those polished aluminum 17" A8 alloys..... ;<)

these wheels arent mine, i had inquired about them. any interest, respond to the seller, not me. these are a good upgrade for the V8 or the 5kT or 200T. chris