Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Nov 1999 11:44:06 -0500
From:         "Anthony L. Mourkas" <frankenstein@TELPLUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: The List
Comments: cc: Dick & Janette Smith <varieze@ASCENT.NET>

>I personally throw down a challenge to the members of your list, that >being "Please come in from the dark ages and see the light of your future >and of your COMMUNITY. Make this not a list of a few but the future of >all those persons world wide who wish to enjoy the pleasures of others >sharing a beloved experience.

Frankly, while I appreciate these comments, I respectfully disagree. I like our "community" just as it is. I MUCH prefer an email list over web based solutions. An email list in my humble opinion is MUCH faster to navigate, sort, delete, archive, and respond to at one's convenience. As for what I am interested in, I read it, if it is something I want to save, I archive it in my email database (3500+ entries). If it is something I don't care about, I use the delete key. Simple, effective, and elegant.

The Vanagon list posts are available to all in the on the web in the Vanagon.com archive and if the traffic on the listserver is not to your liking, the same information is available to you online. There are many other websites out there with a wealth of information on VW Vanagons that I visit to complement this list. Additionally I have corresponded and met with many listmembers "off list" and further enhanced my enjoyment of this "community".

If you must leave, that is a loss, but the community is a dynamic one. People come and go all the time for their own reasons, and yet the community still exists and survives.

This list is the primary reason my knowledge and understanding was brought out of the dark ages and greatly increased my competence level in dealing with ownership of these vehicles. If the list were to fold tomorrow, I would survive, just as the person who voluntarily leaves the list for their own reasons will survive. I would, however, experience a sense of loss and my VW Vanagon ownership "experience" would not be as rich and full as it is with the list in place.

Sorry to see you go, but the list is not for everyone, but as for me:

LONG LIVE VANAGON@GERRY.VANAGON.COM

Best wishes,

Tony

Anthony L. Mourkas Hampden, Maine, USA 1984 Vanagon Westfalia 1987 Vanagon GL Syncro 1991 Jetta Eco Diesel