Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Nov 1999 17:29:54 -0600
From:         Ken Nelson <saamigammi2@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Rookie Questions

Hi, I'm new to the list and as soon as it gets out of the shop I'll be the proud owner of a '85 Vanagon GL(a friend of my wife needs cash so I pay for the new clutch and get a van) . To make a long story short the sunday after Thanksgiving I have to make a trip from Minnesota to Oklahoma with this van. So, I have a few questions. I know they are dumb, but, I haven't even seen the silly thing yet let alone drive it. 1) What can I plan for cruise speed? 2) What spare parts are handy to have along? 3) After 1,000,000+ miles (yes the commas are right) in a Chevy Cargo Van two things near and dear to my heart: is their foot room? and how high do I have to crank the radio to cover road noise?

Let the flames begin Ken Nelson