Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1999, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:30:29 PST
From:         joe winter <fuyusan@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Free 87'Westy Propan Tank!!
Comments: To: Mike.Ray@AMMOBILE.COM

By filling the container with inert gas you still have a dangerous good. It is now a different class of good, but a dangerous good none the less. It would change from a class 3 flammable gas container (empty) to a class 2.2 non flammable gas container. Shipping the container by air it would still have to be declared...hense the dangerous goods surcharge. I only have experience with air shipments, by sea the requirments might be different.

Joe